Inspiring Thought Leadership and Learning for Life
- Are you passionate about lifelong learning?
- Are you inspired to grow educational opportunities for your community?
- Are you motivated to help fundraise through your networks?
If this sounds like you, we would love to talk with you! The Whistler Institute is looking to shape a diverse and active volunteer Board and welcome individuals with life and professional experience in any of the areas below:
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, Governance and Planning
- Financial Management, Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Unique talents and qualifications you bring
We strive for our Board to include diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage young individuals with an interest in developing their leadership capacity in the community to also apply.
Benefits of Participation:
- Connect and collaborate with fellow board members, staff and community
- Contribute to the growth and success of WI and education in your community
- Develop personal leadership through committees and projects of the Board
- Build experience in organizational growth, not-for-profit and charity work
- Use your creativity to contribute in an area of your passion
Time Commitment and Responsibilities:
- Participation at monthly board meetings and at least one board committee
- Attend various WI and community events to raise visibility for our mission
- Participation in fundraising and outreach to support financial sustainability
- Work as part of a dynamic team to maintain the successful long term operation of WI
- Commit to a 1-year term starting September 2023
Ready to apply or learn more? Contact Suki Cheyne at email@example.com.
The Whistler Institute is a registered charitable, non-profit organisation that partners with post secondary institutions and industry experts to develop thought leadership events and educational programs in the Sea to Sky corridor. We believe that lifelong learning is a key building block in promoting personal, social, and societal well being. The Institute gratefully and respectfully acknowledges that we operate on the land now known as Whistler that lies in the traditional and unceded territory of the SKwxwu7 and the Lilwat7ul Nation.