- This event has passed.
Managing Employee Performance and Conflict
October 3, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm PDT
Attracting and retaining talent, and reducing flight risk in a competitive marketplace is critical. This short course will provide students an understanding of performance management and the role it plays in achieving organizational strategy and optimizing productivity. Coaching will also be explored in this course. Students will develop skills and gain knowledge on how to effectively coach, give feedback, and motivate employees, with the goal of increasing employee engagement and driving employee and organizational success. It will examine the steps in leading organizational change and the strategic importance of career planning and development. Further, this course will identify the sources of conflict, different conflict handling styles, and provide students with techniques to minimize conflict in the workplace. It will examine the role of management, supervisors, and team leaders in conflict resolution and identify the traits and characteristics of an effective conflict manager.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the role performance management plays in achieving organizational strategy.
- Develop and apply effective strategies, methods, and processes to motivate employees, optimize productivity and employee development
- Demonstrate how to effectively coach, empower, and motivate employees as well as set goals and give/receive feedback.
- Identify the steps in leading organizational change, and examine the strategic importance of career planning and development.
- Assess critical talent skills and build capabilities to support business priorities, and develop a more flexible and resilient workforce.
- Understand what the employee experience is and the impact on organizational performance, attraction and retention.
- Discover the tools and apply a range of techniques to create the employee experience in your organization.
- Identify the nature and sources of conflict in the workplace with a focus on developing the skills necessary to manage it.
- Identify the different conflict handling styles and the circumstances in which each would be most appropriate, and develop the interpersonal skills that support productively managing conflict.
- Apply conflict intervention strategies; identify the role of third-party intervention, management, supervisors, and team leaders in conflict management.
- In-person classes
- Students require access to a lap top to complete this course
***Registration is required***