- This course has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Standard Course
May 10 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm PDT
Mental Health First Aid Standard Course by Canadian Mental Health Association of North and West Vancouver
When: Online May 10 & 11 from 9 AM to 1PM
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
– Talk about declines in their mental well-being
– Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
– Reach out to these support
– Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
– Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
This training is supported by Round 2 of the Whistler Community Foundation’s Emergency Community Support Fund Grant. LEARN MORE and register for FREE here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mental-health-first-aid-standard-virtual-tickets-148025790123
Our thanks to The Events Calendar for their support of the non-profit sector by providing a non-profit license.