- This course has passed.
Immigrant Peer Educator Program 2020 (online)
November 24, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am PST
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Tuesday, repeating until December 15, 2020
- 8 sessions, 1.5 hours a week (27 Oct – 15 Dec 2020, 9:30-11:00)
- Improve your listening, speaking and English communication skills
- Build your knowledge of life in Canada
- Learn about services, resources and programs in Whistler from local guest
- Build a network with other immigrants
- Culture shock, depression, discrimination
- How to solve conflicts with landlords or employers
- Children and women’s health issues
- Education or career planning in Canada
- Local resources and services
- Supporting others in the community as a Peer Educator
- Giving us feedback on what issues immigrants are facing, and what services and programs they need.
Our thanks to The Events Calendar for their support of the non-profit sector by providing a non-profit license.