BCIT Accounting for Small Business (FMGT 1115)
October 25 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Monday and Wednesday, repeating until November 17, 2021
This course covers basic accounting fundamentals, and by using Intuit’s QuickBooks Online software, individuals with little or no accounting background will learn through practical application of concepts by using the software. Topics include General Ledger setup, accounts receivable and payable, bank reconciliation, inventory, sales tax and financial statements.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the basic principles of bookkeeping to record transactions, manage accounts and perform reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements (Income Statement, Statement of Owner’s Equity and the Balance Sheet) for a business.
- Create a new company together with a Chart of Accounts and set up opening balances in QuickBooks.
- Navigate the principal features and functionality of QuickBooks.
- Create Vendor and Customer master records and record transactions, including Sales Taxes, in QuickBooks.
- Create ‘items’ which can be either goods or services. Create an invoice including customization features.
- Setup Payroll and Inventory functions within QuickBooks.
- Setup the bank feed feature and perform a Bank Reconciliation in QuickBooks.
- Run Financial Statements, and reports in QuickBooks. Export QuickBooks data to excel.
- Review functions such as Mileage, Cash Flow, Dashboard, Projects, Payroll, Receipt Uploading.
- Perform a Client Review in the QuickBooks Accountant Edition.
- Review Accountant Edition specific features: Month-End Review, Overview, Workpapers.
Dates & Location: Sept 27-Nov 17
Mondays: In person Sept 27, Oct 4, 18, 25, Nov 1, 8, 15, 5-8pm @ Board Room, Whistler Chamber of Commerce, #201 – 4230 Gate Way Dr, Whistler, BC V8E 0Z8.
Wednesdays: Online Sept 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov 3, 10, 17, 5-8PM.
Learn more and register here:
Our thanks to The Events Calendar for their support of the non-profit sector by providing a non-profit license.