- This course has passed.
AMPLIFY Skills Training Program
October 18 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Get skills to succeed in further education and the changing workforce
Douglas College’s AMPLIFY Skills Training Program helps individuals develop the skills they need to achieve their career goals. If you’re unemployed or looking to start a new career, this six-week, full-time, individualized program can help you identify the skills required for your occupational goals, and help you develop a plan to achieve them. Training will be delivered online by specialized facilitators at participating WorkBC Centres throughout the province.
Not sure if this is for you? Please view client experiences from participants who have completed the program:
DATES & FORMAT
The next cohort will begin on October 18 and run weekly until November 30. Participants must be available (virtually) from 9:00am-2:00pm (with a 1 hour lunch break) Monday-Friday throughout the program. WorkBC are currently recruiting for participants and please feel free to connect with Shawna (contact details below) if you have any questions at all regarding the program and/or client suitability.
- 6 weeks of on-line training
- Enjoy small class sizes, with individual learning plans and personalized one-on-one coaching
- Work on employability skills including effective communications, collaboration, adaptability, resilience & critical thinking
- Improve hard skills including digital technology, numeracy, and professional writing
- Stable home Internet connection
- Some basic computer experience
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada
- Resident of British Columbia
- Not a full-time student (i.e., not currently enrolled in high school or post-secondary education)
- Not actively participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program
- Unemployed or under-employed
- Employed, if you meet certain criteria*
FOR MORE INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
WorkBC Centre: Virtual
Address: Online delivery
Phone: 604-639-1743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
OR VISIT: www.douglascollege.ca/amplify
Our thanks to The Events Calendar for their support of the non-profit sector by providing a non-profit license.