The Whistler Institute is committed to making a difference by partnering with individuals and organizations that are dedicated to providing opportunities for learning and influencing change; by encouraging innovation and creativity in learning opportunities; by thoughtful consideration of global issues; by connecting with leading subject experts, communities and institutions to affect change; and by inspiring individuals and organizations to take initiative.
The Whistler Institute of Learning Society is a registered Canadian Charity and is governed by a Board of Directors whose ultimate responsibility is for the stewardship of the affairs and the long-term success of the society.
The Whistler Institute is currently seeking nominations for candidates to join the Board of Directors. Incoming Directors will be inducted at the Annual General Meeting in September 2021. A comprehensive onboarding session will follow. Participation on the Board is voluntary and there is no remuneration for service.
Expectations for Commitment
- Ability to serve for a minimum of one (1) year beginning in September 2021 and eligible for re-election at the Annual General Meeting.
- Currently the Board meets once a month, including once in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting.
- Participation in committee work is encouraged including Executive, HR & Governance, and Global Perspectives Speaker Series committees.
- Able to commit the time and resources to serve on the Board of Directors.
The Whistler Institute is particularly interested in candidates with the following attributes and experience:
- Previous Board or Committee Work
- Interest in Philanthropic Endeavours
- Fundraising, Development & Sponsorship
- Finance Sector
- Education Sector
- Government Relations
- Alignment with the strategic direction and values of the Whistler Institute
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Director
- Previous non-profit Board experience is an asset
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, CV and a short bio to the HR & Governance Committee Chair at email@example.com.
The Nominations process closes July 23, 2021 at 5pm.
The HR & Governance Committee will then make recommendations for each open Board position to the Board.
To learn more about the Whistler Institute please visit whistlerinstitute.com